To the applicants who pass the First Screening of Japanese Government
(MEXT) Scholarship for 2018;
As described in the Application Guidelines of the Japanese Government
(MEXT) Scholarship@(Item 7 (5) and (6) in the
), the applicants who pass the First Screening of the MEXT scholarship must contact us by August 31 (Thurs.) in order to request a letter of provisional acceptance.
Those who wish to apply to the Graduate School of Energy Science at Kyoto
University must contact your prospective academic advisor directly and send
him/her the necessary documents by e-mail: the complete set of documents
submitted to the Japanese diplomatic mission (application, transcript of
grades at own university, statement of applicantfs major field and research
plan, etc. stamped by the Japanese diplomatic mission) and the certificate
verifying passage of the First Screening.
In order to find your prospective academic advisor, please refer to the
Since July and August are the summer vacation season in Japan, some faculty
members may be absent on vacation or lengthy business trips for field work,
and so on. If there is no reply from the professor or you cannot find
contact information on their website, please inquire at the office of the
We need a reasonable amount of time for each of the following procedures:
- Time to investigate your documents
- Time for communication about your motivation, skills, and so on
- Time to send the certificate of admission or the letter of acceptance from GSES to you by post
All applicants, whether sponsored by the MEXT or not, must follow GSES admission procedures in order to enroll as a regular student.
There are two methods of admission for international applicants;
1) International Energy Science Course (IESC),
2) Regular Masterfs / Doctoral course
- Students are able to study and finish their Masterfs or Doctoral program only in English. Online application available.
- To find out about the admission details please carefully read the IESC website.
- The IESC Masterfs program is operated by three departments (Dept. of Socio-Environmental Energy Science, Dept. of Fundamental Energy Science, and Dept. of Energy Conversion Science), while the IESC Doctoral program is operated by all the four departments of the GSES, including Dept. of Energy Science and Technology
- Operated by all the four departments of the GSES.
- Japanese proficiency is required.
- To find out about the admission details please carefully read the GSES website.
If you still have any questions, please contact the office of the GSES.
School Affairs Section, Administration Office
Graduate School of Energy Science
Yoshida Honmachi Sakyo-ku Kyoto 606-8501
Tel: +81 75 753 5576
Fax: +81 75 753 4745
@@@@@@Please replace "" with "@".
*GSES is responsible only for inquiries about admissions. Please inquire with the Japanese diplomatic mission in your country for queries on the MEXT scholarship program itself.