Graduate School of Energy Science offers an ordinary course where classes and research instructions are made in Japanese, and International Energy Science Course (IESC) where they are made in English. The following information is for IESC. Please refer to the Japanese website for the details of the ordinary course.
AY2024 ADMISSIONS CYCLES
|April 1, 2024
|July 1, 2023
|August 21-25, 2023
|September 8, 2023
|October 1, 2024
|February 1, 2024
|March 5-8, 2024
|March 25, 2024
The IESC has two application cycles: Cycle I for April admission and Cycle II for October. Both application processes are open to both local and overseas applicants. No bias or benefit will arise because of location. As we currently do not accept deferred enrollment, it is important that you apply to the appropriate selection cycle according to the guide.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit required documents to the Graduate School of Energy Science by the deadline. All applicants are reviewed after the deadline, not on a rolling basis. Applications are accepted by post or via the online submission system. Applications are NOT accepted in person at the GSES Office. Please first read the Application Guide of the intended admission cycle.
We are now accepting applications via our online application system as an alternative to postal applications. To apply, please go to the following links.
- MASTERS PROGRAM <CLOSED>
- DOCTORAL PROGRAM (April Intake) <CLOSED>
- DOCTORAL PROGRAM (October Intake) <CLOSED>
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Filled application forms, original academic certificates, reference forms and an official EFL test score are among the required documents. For the details, please see the the Application Guide. Forms are available for download from “Documentation”.
Application for admission to the IESC requires that the applicant abides by the following:
- The applicant shall complete the admissions forms, and obtain the required documentation themselves.
- Kyoto University does not support the use of third party agents for the completion of any admissions procedures.
- Furthermore, in accordance with international academic standards, plagiarism of falsification of any of the required documents is unacceptable.
- It is accepted that the applicant may seek the advice and wisdom of others, but that they must complete the application and all associated correspondence on their own.
★ MEXT Scholarship Applicants
Please check here.